THE LANDSCAPE CONSTRUCTION PROCESS
A fantastic garden begins with good design that is inspirational, practical, eco-friendly, and individually tailored to suit your lifestyle.
Once you have a landscape design in place that your happy with, its then time to commence the landscape construction phase of the project.
This is usually the lengthiest, but most exciting stage of the process. It is where you’ll see your new garden come to life, however there is an order in which things need to happen.
Depending upon your project, generally the first step is to obtain a building permit. A permit is needed for structural items such as a deck of any size, a retaining wall over 1 metre, a retaining wall of any size on the boundary and a pergola over 10 square metres in roof area.
We’ve successfully applied for many permits over the years. We can take care of this entire tedious process for you.
Once permits have been obtained we start to construct! The next stage of the process is excavation. Digging all the footings, post and stump holes and clearing unwanted vegetation. This stage alone generally makes a huge difference.
Pouring concrete footings for walls, concreting stumps and posts into position and concreting foundations for paved areas generally follows excavation. At this stage items such as lighting, irrigation or even a front gate intercom need to be thought about.
Once all the foundations are complete we start to build walls and construct the garden followed by laying paving. All the hard surfaces are installed at this stage, concrete paths, driveways, fencing, brick work, decks, pergolas and paving.
Plants, Soil and Mulch
Spread and level blended soil over garden beds. Plant out the garden beds and mulch the garden with a natural mulch.
Irrigation and Garden Lighting
The final stage is to install dripper irrigation through the garden beds and pop-up sprinklers in the lawn. Connected to an automatic timer the garden will practically take care of itself.
Garden Lighting creates ambience through out the garden and sets the mood of the garden in the evening.
- Now that you have gained your Landscape Design, we have the ability to provide you with a detailed construction quote, including estimated timeframes for commencement and completion.
- One of our staff members will meet you on-site to assess the site and discuss any questions you may have.
- We can then formulate your construction quote which will be presented to you at a convenient time.
- Once you have approved your construction quote, we can then book your project in for commencement.
*If you so happen to already have a Landscape Design prepared from an external company, our construction services have the ability to quote from your design, and construct.
- Your local Council may require approvals or permits for your new landscaping. We understand this can feel daunting, so to provide some piece of mind, we take care of all the required permits for you.
- Every local council and every property is different but some approvals or permits that may be required and that we can organise for you include:
- Planning Permit
- Bushfire Assessment
- Build Over Easement
- Report and Consent
- Building Permit
- Now for the exciting part. Our team of skilled Landscapers can begin the process of bringing your new outdoor space to life, to be enjoyed for many years to come.