The Landscape Design Process
A jaw-dropping garden begins with a detailed landscape design, where it is an exceptionally important component in ensuring your outdoor space is delivered just as you envisioned it.
Landscape designs have evolved dramatically over the past few decades, as outdoor spaces become more focused on extending our lifestyle to the outdoors. Custom designed, eco-friendly, low maintenance and visually high impact entertainment spaces, are some of the top requests we receive in the development process. Whatever the request may be, a detailed and tailored landscape design is essential to get your project perfect right from the get-go.
Our landscape design process consists of a few stages, which are undertaken in a precise order, to produce the best design solutions for your new garden.
- One of our team will meet with you on-site to develop a detailed understanding of your needs and requirements, including your wish list and vision for your outdoor space. 30 minutes is generally a good amount of time to allow for this initial site visit.
- From our on-site discussion we will then form your design brief.
*Generally, some topics to consider for discussion would include; entertainment, shade, decking, lawn areas, formal or informal style, low or high maintenance, types of plants, images you've found which you would like to see in your own space, likes/dislikes and construction budget.
Design Fee Proposal
- Based upon our discussion at the initial consultation, our team will develop a detailed design fee proposal specifically for your project. This will then be emailed to you for your approval, to move onto the next stage in the process of developing your landscape design.
- Upon approval of your design fee proposal, one of our team members will call you to arrange a suitable time to visit your site once again.
- During this visit, we will gather information such as photos, site measurements, topography, aspect, views to retain or block, height changes etc.
*Any documentation or building plans that you can provide us with, would be greatly appreciated
- Based upon your design brief and the information gathered from the site analysis, a scaled landscape design will now be produced by one of our in-house Landscape Designers.
- Your landscape design will include everything required to gain a quotation for construction, including:
- Landscape plan
- Planting plan
- Drainage plan
- Specifications regarding materials and standard installation practice